24 hour support for parents
1300 1300 52
Parent Line is a 24 hour helpline that provides counselling and support for parents, as well as general parenting advice and information.
Parent Line can also put you in touch with other services in your local area for ongoing support, or for other issues such as legal advice.
Counsellors can help parents with:
- managing relationships with your children and other family members
- dealing with the pressure and stress of managing a family
- adjusting to changes within families or in a child's development
- information about community issues or local services.
Talk to a counsellor
Talking to a counsellor can help parents and carers:
- identify what you are already doing that works
- how to develop family resilience (the ability to ‘bounce back’ from difficult times).
- talk openly about some of your difficulties without judgement or criticism. We know that every parent has hard times.
- get quality information, parenting education, counselling and referral to services in your local area.